ASK QUESTIONS – MAKE FRIENDS – BUILD COMMUNITY
An initiative to encourage closer relationships and greater conviviality at USC
Play this CAMPFIRE VIDEO when you are doing “icebreakers” or personal sharing in your class or club or event at USC! Spread the “meme” as a way of encouraging deeper sharing and connection on campus….
VIDEO INTRODUCTION to CAMPFIRES @ USC
QUESTIONS to ask in conversations, one-to-one and in classes or groups – intended to move from acquaintance to deeper friendship
HOW TO LIGHT A CAMPFIRE – how to create the conditions for deeper friendship and community to emerge
A free non-credit course for all students – 5 sessions – Fall 2020
In this 5 week non-credit course open to all USC students, we’ll learn to CLICK —a hyper- contextual process of nurturing the relationships with ourselves and each other that promotes thriving at USC and beyond. In a discussion-driven small group, we will practice connecting strategies and use our own experiences to explore our social relationships.
Specifically, we will become more aware of our:
- Connecting stories
- Vision for our relationships
- Strengths and obstacles in connecting
- Practices and habits that cultivate connection
- Potential to connect through our current spaces, networks, and schedules
- Come craft your empowered relational action plan this semester as we learn to CLICK.